Warrior

Sign in to follow this  

Greatsword or Sword + Shield?

Hey guys,

Time to bring up the age old question, which is better of the two? With the release of the wiki we can see the more damage oriented warrior skills require the Greatsword, but does it surpass the extra defense provided with the shield?

With Sword and Shield;

Shield Strike = Inflict physical damage to the target by striking it with the shield. Has a chance to decrease the target's movement speed.

LVL 16, MP 5, CD 5S, CAST TIME 0, DURATION 2S.

Protection Shield =  Shield defense value is increased for 15 seconds.

LVL 24, MP 15, CD 1MIN, CAST TIME 0, DURATION 15S.

With Greatsword

Battle Stance =  Take battle stance to increase attack speed and critical damage.

LVL 24, MP 15, CD 45S, CAST TIME 0, DURATION 15S.

Armor Break =  Decrease the target's defense by temporarily destroying the target’s armor with a strong attack.

LVL 32, MP 15S, CD 30S, CAST TIME 0, DURATION 8S.

• Like 1

I'd say, out of personal preferrence, Sword and Shield.

Greatsword is nice for in general better damage and the ability to use the best possible damage skills, but the Shield block is also huge to miss out on, especially in PvP where a block can save a life.

I`d have to try Greatswords in different situations, but I could assume that Greatswords might be great for PvE, but for PvP I'd go for Sword and Shield any time due to survivability.

As Flip said.
PvE , Greatsword boosts ur dmg more than the 1handed sword + shield it also depends on the kind of gear you have, you might need the dmg reduction the shield gives you.

But overall shield+1h for PvP is a must.

It also looks like Longswords have better stats overall. After looking at the wiki more thoroughly, Longsword + Shield is the best choice, period.

39 minutes ago, SkyDreamer said:

can I have this wiki link please?)

Here are the links: (Note that you have to copy-paste them since links do not work on this forum yet)
http://wiki.dk.masanggames.com/dkwiki/index.php/Longsword
http://wiki.dk.masanggames.com/dkwiki/index.php/Greatsword

It is my personal opinion that based on the stats and the ability to block with Longsword + Shield, using Longsword over Greatswords is a better option.