TECH SUPPORT

Sign in to follow this  

Steam vs Masangsoft Account?

I usually prefer to play directly with the publisher so I downloaded the game from the website and deleted the version on steam.

But then I realized that there might be something wrong.

During CBT, once we logged in for the first time, we got "Account restricted" errors while our account was being automatically registered through Steam.

Now, by being on this forum, we have accounts directly through Masangsoft and coins are purchased here as well.

Since I already played CBT through Steam and the account there has some history, I might want to continue playing that way.

If I purchase Coins through the website and play the Steam Version, how would I be able to use my bought coins if my Steam and Masangsoft accounts are not connected and the only option was during forum registration?

• Like 1

Since there has been no reply yet, I started to investigate myself.

The Steam and Masangsoft Versions are identical: same amount of files, exactly the same size in bytes. Although, even the Masangsoft Launcher Client has a Steam API in it, even though it has nothing to do with Steam.

Attemping to launch each of the clients gives different "Login failed" messages. The Masangsoft client says "Network communication has failed. (E9000)" and the Steam client "Login Error. Steam login authentication failed. Please try again later".

If I understood this correctly, the Steam client authenticates through Steam accounts and the Global client through masanggames.com accounts.

In this case, the inital question still remains: does each client use different accounts? Eg. you cannot login to your Masangsoft account when you launch the game through Steam, as login credentials are entered into the Masangsoft Launcher, which is not present in Steam.

This is important for a lot of people that want to buy MSG Coins, which they can only buy with a Masangsoft account, but cannot use with Steam unless we are told that only Masangsoft accounts are used, even for Steam.

• Like 1

Guys, i started play on Steam,  can I flip account from Steam to Masangsoft Client wihtout lost character ?? If it's possible somehow ?