GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Sign in to follow this  

Game Playable Already?

I was curious how come you could download the game from the official website already if it says the release date is March 5th? Is this "early access", and when did this start?

The servers are currently offline as release is on March 5th at 11 AM PST, but you can already download the game through the Masangsoft Global Launcher or Steam.

Thank you for the replies. I had a few more questions:

1) I have an avid MMORPG background dating back over a decade and I never even knew about DK Online until recently. How long has this game been in production? How large is the player base (seems a bit small so far?)

2) Can paladins equip shields (and is it recommended?)

3) MSG Coins. Can Untradeable items be dropped on the ground (PvP loss)? Which is for the better (epic quality) items in the game store, S Coins or G Coins?

4) Is this game free to play, subscription, or one time fee?

***I would love to sink my teeth in a new MMO (As there is a drought for a good MMO for 2019) but it seems there is no player base at the moment, hopefully there will be players upon release of the game once you actually hop in-game.

38 minutes ago, Celestial said:

1) The game was, in the west at least, first released in 2012 and a few months after it was closed again due to optimization issues. Since then, the game has changed ownership and was acquired by Masangsoft in 2015 and the Korean server is running since then.

2) I never played Paladin personally and I have only ever seen Paladins with Greatsword, but as a Tank class it would make sense that they can equip shields. I can't reply this one 100%.

3) We do not know specifics and the actual difference between the 2 coins yet, other than that one buys all and one is only for untradable items, which does not make much sense by itself. My assumption is that S Coin buys untradable items which are slightly cheaper than if you would buy them with G Coin and be able to trade them. However, cash shop items are stored in a separate bag which is not affected by item loss.

4) The game is Free to Play with the posibility for a "subscription" in form of 30 day premium buffs for convenience.

There is in fact a playerbase, but not many are vocal publicly. During CBT we had a peak of 140 concurent players online at the same time, which may not sound like much, but is a promising indicator of a possible playerbase for launch. Many people refused to play CBT/Early Access due to the wipe.

If I had to guess, I expect inbetween 500-1000 people on Day 1. 

As a MMO Veteran, I am sure you will enjoy DK Online as it is an old game by itself with many old-school systems, but it is also modern as it is still in development. It is a gem really, an old game that was not properly released until years after. So old, yet still new.

• Thanks 1

2) I played like paladin and i was top 1# in paladin ranking in all the cbt, i tried paladin as dps and tank, i have the enough knownledge about this, i can tell you that i prefer pala tank, has more less damage but yeah is a balance stats again mobs. if you want paladin go tank but if want damage with melee weapons go warrior because the 2h sword of paladin are veeery slow and his skill a lot of them is with shield.

• Like 1